Where To Start? How To Start Producing And Selling Your Product!
You have an incredible product that you want to produce and sell. We would love to help–but before we do, here are some steps to streamline the process:
- Know your product- Understand the measurements and ingredients needed to make your product. Understand what your options are for wholesale ingredients and the most cost-effective way to store and purchase them. If possible, come prepared with a scheduled process. If you do not have one already, the OFI provides services to create one for your product.
- Equipment Needs- While the Organic Food Incubator has a considerable complement of equipment, you may need a product-specific machine that we do not currently have. For information about the equipment, we have available check here.
- Packaging Needs- Product packaging needs may differ. When choosing the packaging it is important to think about maintaining flavor, freshness, product shape, and if production will affect the package (i.e. heat or freezing product).
- Timeline- Have a timeline of your production expectations. Is this the first time you are producing this product? Do you want a trial run? How often do you plan to produce?
- Licensing and Insurance- Make sure you have the licensing and insurance you need to produce your product. There are accredited programs that offer training and licensing.
If you do not know this information and you’re still not sure where to start, OFI provides consulting services to help you make your product. For consulting services, reach out here.
Continue Reading: 3 Reasons Why Getting A Scheduled Process Is Important