Where To Start? How To Start Producing And Selling Your Product!
Where to start? So you have an incredible product that you want to produce and sell. We would love to help–but before we do, here are some steps to streamline the process:
- Know your product–understand the measurements and ingredients needed to make your product. The food products we work often have a natural, generally organic ingredients. Understand what your options are for wholesale ingredients and what the most cost-effective way to store and purchase them. If possible, come prepared with a scheduled process. If you are not able to create one, the OFI provides services to create one for your product.
- What equipment will you need? While the Organic Food Incubator has equipment for several needs, you potentially need something we do not currently have. For information about the equipment, we have available check here.
- How will you package your product? Depending on the product needs packaging may differ. When picking the packaging to think about maintaining flavor, freshness, product shape, and if production will affect the package (i.e. heat or freezing product).
- Have a timeline of your production expectations. Is this the first time you are producing this product–do you want to run a trial run? Do you expect to produce monthly, weekly, etc? Have an idea of where you see your business going.
- Make sure you have the licensing and insurance to produce your product. There are accredited programs that offer training and licensing.
If you do not know this information and your still not sure where to start, OFI provides consulting services to help you make your product. For consulting services, reach out here.
Continue Reading: 3 Reasons Why Getting A Scheduled Process Is Important